Did you know that for maintaining good health, your blood must remain slightly alkaline? Having an acidic body is prone to several diseases including some serious ones. Today we have no option left but to live in a world where air and water pollution, gaseous wastes, preservatives, pesticides are very apparent. Directly or indirectly we are consuming these toxic pollutants through foods or air that are acidic in nature. Even chemicals in drugs also produce toxin and acid in our body. In order to have a healthy body, we need to maintain proper pH level in our body and switch to alkaline diet chart.
What Are The Consequences of Improper pH Level?
Many health experts believe that the pH balance is extremely important and essential. Dr. Otto Warburg had won a Nobel Prize in 1931 for his invaluable contribution to the research work over pH value on cancer patients. He observed that the blood of cancer patient was extremely acidic. You can consider pH value below 7 as acidic and that above 7 is alkaline.
It has also been observed that at pH value 7.45 cancerous cells of cancer patients can be controlled and at 8.5, they perish. And in addition to this, harmful microbes are also flourished in an acidic medium and can’t survive in an alkaline one. Health experts recommend that you should maintain your pH value in-between 7.4 and 7.5 to prevent all ailments. You may be wondering what are alkalizing and acid-producing foods.
The premise of an alkaline diet is that the nutrients found in supplements, alkalizing foods, and water can bring the body back to balance. The vitamins, minerals, and herbs infuse the body with new energy, vitality, and better health. Alkaline diet foods and water must be consumed in order to provide nutrients the body needs to neutralize acids and toxins in the blood, lymph, tissues, and cells. When pH balance inside the body is out of balance the body tries to correct that sensitive pH balance. The process shows up as uncomfortable symptoms, including colds, flues, allergies, diseases, viruses, and bacteria.
When we lost balance of pH level in our body, almost all area of the body will affect. And imbalanced pH level in our nervous system is showing up in the form of the depression. And with improper pH level, we could have experienced heart-related problems, including thickening and hardening of the arteries, coronary heart disease, stroke, and high BP. When muscles are affected we often feel fatigue and lack of energy. While skin is affected by improper pH balance we will age quicker than normal.
Research suggests that lower or acidic pH levels (below 7) is associated with greater risk of type-2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. And a moderately higher or alkaline pH level is linked to improvement in memory and cognition, reduced pain, lower risk of hypertension and stroke. Many studies have shown that low-acidic diets can help improve bone density. One study published in the Journal of Nutrition also found that alkaline mineral waters can decrease bone desorption and a lower parathyroid hormone that regulates the release of calcium from bone.
Alkaline diets are also associated with an increase in growth hormone “The Fountain of Youth” helps you curb excess fats; improve your libido and well-being. When the body’s pH level is in balance, the body reaches an ideal weight and corrects negative health challenges naturally.
You will stun to find that some of your favorite foods are actually acid-producing, and the ones you think are acidic really aren’t. Transition to a more healthy alkaline diet plan requires a shift in attitude towards food. The important points to remember are that small changes go a long way. Prepare more alkaline diet recipes and add to your meals gradually.
7 Sure-fire ways to make alkaline diet benefit you
1) Reduce the consumption of sugar and products made from sugar, including soda pop, pies, ice cream, jams & jellies, artificial juices, puddings, doughnuts, corn syrups, chewing gum, sweetened drinks, cookies, breakfast cereals, liqueurs, mixed drinks.
2) Avoid processed foods and condiments including ketchup, salad dressings, pickles, luncheon meats, canned fruits, white bread, relish, cheese dips, peanut butter, prepared seafood, frozen vegetables, crackers, canned soups, hot dogs, sausages, sweetened yogurt, foods cooked in the microwave, fast foods.
3) Lower consumption of too much dairy foods, sea fishes and meats. These foods contain proteins that need hydrochloric acid for digestion, while the end product is uric acid.
4) Manage too much stress because when stressed, the body secretes hormones and gastric juices that are acidic in nature. Try to practice aerobic exercises like walking, running, yoga and meditation for proper stress management.
5) Increase your consumption of raw vegetables and raw fresh fruits (without sugar). You should include raw vegetables in every meal. Stop eating toast and take fresh fruits or vegetable juices instead. If your lunches usually consist of sandwiches try to substitute it with a raw salad or a vegetable juice. Have a large salad before you eat a heavy entree at dinner.
Also reduce certain fruits and vegetables such as peanuts, cornstarch, cocoa, coffee, sour fruits, cashew, pepper contain harmful oxalic acid. This way, you will be sure to eat all of the salad instead of finding yourself too full to finish it. Personally, I am in favor of eating seasonal fruits and vegetables in the least quantities as they contain very essential micro-nutrients.
6) Grains form the base of a balanced diet and are important in maintaining the alkaline balance in the body. Grains are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, including folic acid, fiber, carbohydrates antioxidants, and phytoestrogens. The Department of Food and Science and Nutrition at the University of Minnesota determined that consumption of whole grains reduces the risk of chronic diseases including cancer and cardiovascular disease. By eating grains you can eat less but feel full. Grains should comprise about 20% of your diet.
7) Don’t forget to hydrate your body. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of good quality of water each day. Add liquid minerals to increase the quality of water.
If you follow these easy 7 steps it will allow you to create the proper alkaline balance within your body.
Creating the proper alkaline balance within your body will bring you the increased quality of life. You’ll start seeing immediate improvements in your health. Your energy will increase; your concentration will be stronger. You’ll build strength, stamina, and resistance to diseases. Your entire body will function more efficiently. You can also add some of the fresh vegetables like almonds, asparagus; cabbage, carrot, celery, lettuce, mushroom, sprouts, and sweet fruits such as apple, papaya, banana, and pear are alkaline diet.